Weekly Reads (May 2nd - May 8th)

 

Read:

Roman by Grae Bryan. eBook. ARC provided by GRR. 5/5. Omg. Y'all. I'm obsessed with this book. It's an author debut and it is soooo good. Fated mates, sweet possessiveness, level-headed MCs, characters that truly shine, fleshed out side characters... seriously. So good! If you like things on the instaconnection side, vampires, all of that-- check it out. Read my full review here.

We Choose You by Katy Manz. eBook. ARC provided by GRR. 3/5. What a sweet and adorable MMM romance, and touching on a concept I haven't seen before. We all wonder what happens if those fated just don't meet at the right time, because life happens, and they're with other people. What do you do? Manz aims to explore this and this low-angst novella crafts a sweet story through it. Read my full review here.

The Keystone Alphas by Ashe Moon. eBook. KU. 3/5. This is a harem-style MMMM romance, between three alphas and one omega. I liked the sort of OHSHC vibes we got in the beginning. The friendship between them all was the best part to see in development, and while this is a series, I think I'm good with the HFN provided in the first book.

Mission: X by Kim Alan. eBook. Amazon. 3/5. This is short and sweet and a little bit kinky. I really enjoyed Alan's writing, it's a shame they don't write full novels.

Bound to Two Bears by Kelex. eBook. Amazon. 3/5. This was... entertaining. I don't know if I would call it good (and I've liked Kelex's work!), but it has tropes that usually don't work for me but I didn't mind here. However, it has surprise mpreg which isn't cool if you weren't expecting this. And needs editing. Also, natural clay was used as lube.

Resolution by Jayda Marx. eBook. Amazon. 3/5. Short, workplace romance, had more flashbacks than I'd like for such a short story. Needs more lube.

Twice Bitten by Jayda Marx. eBook. KU. 3.5/5. This is the final book in the Javier Coven that I had put off, but I actually liked it the most. Sam is hilarious, and I loved the found family stuff. The sex scenes were a little lacking, though. Read my full review here.

Release Me by Jayda Marx. eBook. KU. 3/5. I shouldn't have read so many Marx in a row, as they start to blend together (after all, there are tropes she follows), but overall it's not bad. There's some gore and some homophobia right in the beginning that knocks this out of truly 'low angst' for me, but I liked Callum and the small town vibes.

Take Me by Jayda Marx. eBook. KU. 3/5. I read this immediately after Release Me which was a mistake because they're quite similar. Heed the TWs, the villain gets his comeuppance, and some medical stuff to save an MC's life is 100% not realistic and quite funny to think about how it would look in real life.

Comments