ARC Review: We Choose You: An M/M Shifter MPREG Romance (Choice Versus Fate Book 1) by Katy Manz

 


We Choose You by Katy Manz

Rating: 3 of 5 Stars

Content Warnings for book: Off-page parental neglect, off-page parental death

Kink: Group sex

We Choose You is a cute MMM novella about an alpha who has an established and happy marriage and mating with a beta, and the fated omega he finds ten years after. So begs the question of choice versus fate, and if these three can find happiness.

I thought this novella was overall very cute! There is a lot of presence of children, so if that isn't your thing, you might not like this book. I was surprised to find this was a shifter world (the ARC I received didn't mention the shifter part), but it wasn't a bad thing. I do think that aspect of the world left a little bit to be desired in fleshing it out, because it was approached so nonchalantly - I couldn't tell you if humans knew about shifters or not, it seemed it could be either way.

The bigger theme of this book - choice versus fate - was an interesting one. I liked the idea that ultimately Riley fell for both his fated mate (James) and James' chosen mate (Aiden). That it wasn't wholly uneven to cause a bunch of jealousy, that even before it all came up to a solution they were having feelings for each other outside of that. I do think there is something interesting about the fact their relationship between the three of them couldn't be 'tried', because fate was fate: you're either in it or you're not.

There was open and honest communication which we love to see, and no angst at all. It was all quite sweet. I did feel the sex scenes were not written that well, they felt a little bland and often I was confused who was where. I think writing group sex scenes is something that authors can sometimes struggle with.

I hope the next books might be a tad longer, as I believe the theme of choice versus fate can be explored even more. I wonder if they will all be MMM?

If you want a cute mpreg MMM read, I recommend this book.

Comments